Preventative Dental Treatments for Adults and Children
Good Preventive Dentistry is essential for adults and children. Excellent oral hygiene practices should begin at infancy and continue throughout life. All patients play an active role in achieving healthy teeth and gums.
Things to do at home to prevent dental problems.
- Brush your teeth twice daily (in the morning and at night)
- Floss daily
- Brush with a Fluoride toothpaste
- Visit Paul Trembath Dental on a six month basis for check-ups
- Use a soft, round bristle toothbrush
- Replace your toothbrush every three to four months
- Replace your toothbrush after an illness
- Avoid Tobacco and Alcohol consumption
Childrens Dentistry is a very important element to their overall well-being. Baby teeth are important, they aid the chewing function helping aid the way for second teeth. Parents can help children achieve healthy teeth by limiting the amount of sugar and starch in the diet and supervising brushing. By establishing healthy eating habits and good oral hygiene techniques at an early age, decay can be prevented in later years.
Dentistry throughout the lifespan cannot be overlooked. At Paul Trembath Dental we have a strong focus on Preventive Dentistry treatments and cater for all age groups. We strongly advocate Preventive Dentistry measures and are excited by the benefits this will provide patients.